NXT Takeover War Games 2018 – Results
Tonight(November 17th, 2018) NXT takes over Los Angeles for Takeover War Games. This show is headlined by the War Games match itself, with two teams of four in two rings under one cage. Undisputed Era face War Raiders, Ricochet and Pete Dunne inside War Games. Also on this show, Tommaso Ciampa defends the NXT Title against The Velveteen Dream, Johnny Gargano faces Aleister Black and Kairi Sane attempts to regain the NXT Women’s Championship in a two out of three falls match.
The show opens with a video package for the show, showing us backstory into all of the matches on tonight’s show.
The show starts with Matt Riddle coming to the ring. Mauro explains that Riddle was on the preshow but he’s not scheduled to be on the show. Matt Riddle calls out Kassius Ohno. Ohno calls Riddle stupid and says he’ll knock him out now.
Matt Riddle vs Kassius Ohno
- The bell rung, they ran at each other, Riddle hit a knee and that was that. Riddle knocks out Ohno in about one second. Winner: Matt Riddle.
NXT Women’s Championship Match – Kairi Sane vs Shayna Baszler(c)
- Kairi starts this match off hard with bug forearms and Kairi’s signature march in the corner and running forearm. Moments into the match, Shayna’s friends show up and beat up Kairi on the outside and throw Kairi back in. Kairi taps to a sleeper after Kairi was attacked. Shayna continues to work over Kairi in the second fall but Kairi fights back. Shayna tries a suplex from the apron but Kairi turns it into an crazy looking DDT on the apron. Kairi hits an Insane Elbow to three horsewomen on the outside, rolls Baszler in the ring and hits another Insane Elbow to win the second fall. It’s one fall each now. They fight on the top rope and Sane pulls out a sunset flip powerbomb for a near fall. As the other two horsewomen get involved again, shoving Kairi off the top rope, both Dakota Kai and Io Shari come down to help. Kairi hits another Insane Elbow but Shayna catches her and turns it into a crucifix pin to win the third fall and the match. Winner: Shayna Baszler.
X-Pac and his dog, Lula are shown in the crowd. That dog is so cute and the story of how she ended up injured is horrible but how Sean Waltman saved her and they love they share is wonderful. Go find her on Instagram at ItsBabyLula.
Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano
- As Johnny makes his way out, it sounds very quiet on the WWE Network. Gargano’s receptions before have been very loud and responsive. The match starts off with Gargano acting more cocky and heelish while still trying to act like the old Johnny. Gargano thwards Black’s offence for minutes while trying to out wrestle Black until Black kicks Johnny to the outside and hits a moonsault. Gargano land a dive onto Aleister into a DDT. Black hits highspot after highspot with dives, moonsaults andspringboards leaving Gargano down for a two count. Gargano goes for the superkick to Black on his knees but Black stops him, sits down and asks for his best shot. gargano goes for the kneestike but Black moves and rolls up Gargano for a two count. Gargano shoves Black over the top rope and dives on him but Black its a knee under the jaw of Gargano, that looked great. Aleister Black hits a Black Mass kick but holds Gargano up for a second one. Aleister Black pins Johnny Gargano in a very athletic and exciting match. Winner: Aleister Black.
NXT Championship Match – Velveteen Dream vs Tommaso Ciampa(c)
- Once again the Dream comes out dressed like Hulk Hogan, only this time he’s in California so The Dream is dressed as Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Dream starts this match off with lots of confidence as they spend the first few minutes toying over Dream’s “Hollywood” headband. After a few minutes this match picks up as Ciampa begins to take it to The Dream. Multiple times in the match Dream would do Hulk Hogan spots like the finger point, bug boot and multiple leg drops. Velveteen Dream works over the knee of Ciampa with a figure four on the ring post and another in the ring. Later in the match Dream nearly superkicks the ref but Ciampa rolls him up holding all the tights but the ref sees it and stops counting. At one point, Ciampa removes the mats at ringside and goes for a DDT but it all leads to Dream giving Ciampa a driver on the floor and an Elbow drop for a great near fall. These guys kicked out of everything and put on one hell of a show. Insane match, that’s all I can really say. Ciampa hits a draping DDT to the steel inbetween the rings for the win and to retain his “Goldie”. Winner: Tommaso Ciampa.
War Games – Undisputed Era vs War Raiders, Ricochet & Pete Dunne
- Ricochet starts in this War Games match against Adam Cole, Undisputed Era have the advantage as the next person to enter will be a member of Undisputed Era. Dunne and Ricochet join War Raiders in wearing war paint on their faces. Adam Cole gets the upper hand early but when Ricochet makes a comeback, Kyle O’Riley is released and runs down to attack Ricochet. Ricochet makes a brief comeback but O’Riley cuts him off and Cole and O’Riley works over Ricochet. Hanson of the War Raiders is released and runs to help Ricochet. Hanson is attacked as he enters the ring but quickly takes over and pretty much destroys Cole and O’Riley with forever clotheslines in opposite corners. As this turns into a bit more of an even two-on-two, Roderick Strong is released from his shark cage and runs down to swing the odds back in the favour of Undisputed Era. Undisputed Era run wild again until Rowe, the other half of War Raiders comes down and fights just to get in the ring. Hanson and Rowe throw the three members of Undisputed Era into the cage, Cole is lawn darted by both War Raiders. Bobby Fish is released and uses the padlock from his cage nd locks Pete Dunne in his shark cage. Bobby Fish runs to the ring and pulls out personalised black Undisputed Era steel chairs, which they use to destroy their opponents. The time runs out for Pete Dunne and they unlock one lock but the other is still locked. Eventually Pete is freed by referees with bolt cutters. Dunne walks down with a damaged knee and takes Undisputed Era out at the door of the cage, not starting the match officially. Dunne walks around the ring taking weapons out, like tables, kendo sticks, a chain and trash cans. Dunne finally gets in, starting the match. War Raiders and Ricochet suddenly become fully healed and start beating up Undisputed Era with weapons from ring to ring. Undisputed Era start to fight back and they surround Pete Dunne. Pete Dunne is put in an ankle lock and a crossface as the Era hold the others back. Ricochet flys over the ropes and takes out the Era, saving Pete. Bobby Fish spears Rowe through a table in between the rings, on the steel. Hanson jumps from the ropes on one ring, to the other ring to put O’Riley through a table with a splash. Adam Cole tries to climb out but Ricochet follows, as they fight on the cage Cole and Strong tries to push Ricochet out so Undisputed Era win but Ricochet hangs on. everyone except Ricochet is involved in a huge tower of doom spot. Ricochet hits a double moonsault on everyone, which was just insane. After that, one team in one ring and the other team in the other ring, they meet in the middle and start swinging. Pete Dune hits a Bitter End on Cole and Ricochet comes out of nowhere with what i assume was a 450 splash and Ricochet and Dunne pins Cole with an arm each. Pete Dunne’s music plays as they collect the WWE UK Title and NXT North American Title to celebrate. We get replays here where we are told Ricochet hits a 450 splash. Dunne and Ricochet climb the cage and celebrate as the feed ends. Winners: Pete Dunne, Ricochet and the War Raiders, Hanson and Rowe.