This is the second of two show that were taped, rather than live. These two show each have two Super Jr Tag League matches, which are uploaded to njpwworld separately. Neither show has commentary. To view my review of the night before(Friday, October 19th, 2018), Click Here.
- Volador and Soberano come out first. KUSHIDA brings his newly won Jr Heavyweight Championship and hands his sunglasses to a kid in the audience, like Bret Hart. All four guys shake hands as the match begins. Volador and Sabin start the match but after a little tussle, Volador takes his mask off and they both tag out. The crowd chants for KUSHIDA as these two pick up the pace quickly. Soberano hits a nice dive with a new camera angle, which i liked, then his spinning corkscrew crossbody back in the ring. KUSHIDA and Sabin take over and work over Soberano with quick tags. Soberano makes a comeback and gets the tag to Volador and at this point, all four guys are in the ring doing spots. Volador and KUSHIDA are legal as the ring clears and they kick each other in the head for a double down, the crowd claps. Soberano and Sabin tag in and Soberano takes control with a quick concession of high flying moves. With all four back in the ring, Volador hits a top rope hurricanrana on KUSHIDA, then a dive. Minutes later, KUSHIDA and Sabin double team Soberano with a moonsault and neckbreaker combo for the win. Winners: Sabin and KUSHIDA
- This starts off with a lock up from Eagles and SHO, which SHO got the better of, so Ishimori got involved early but so did YOH. YOH and SHO took control but it was only a matter of time before Bullet Club, Ishimori and Eagles would start to work over SHO. SHO managed to fight back and get a tag to YOH, who took on Ishimori. Ishimori got the upperhand, then tagged Eagles. YOH got some offence in and tagged SHO, who hit a great deadlift German suplex on Eagles. Bullet Club double team SHO and Eagles gets a good near fall on SHO. Minutes alter SHO and YOH take out Ishimori with a double team move but Eagles fights back and reversed Roppongi 3K’s moves, but just for a minute. SHO and YOH hit a 3-D style move on Eagles for the win. Winners: Roppongi 3K, SHO and YOH.
The points standings so far in this tournament
- Bullet Club, Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles – 4 Points
- LIJ, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI – 4 Points
- Jyushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask – 4 Points
- Suzuki-gun, El Desperado & Kanemaru – 2 Points
- Volador Jr & Soberano Jr – 2 Points
- Roppongi 3K, SHO & YOH – 2 Points
- Taguchi Japan, ACH & Taguchi – 2 Points
- Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA – 2 Points
HINT: NJPW charges at the end(last calendar day) of the month, like most Japanese subscription services, so your best time to subscribe is early in the month. NJPW World is ¥999 per month which is less than the WWE Network and about the same price as Netflix.