This show is the second show on the road to Power Struggle. These shows include the Jr Heavyweight Tag League which has an interesting new entry in the form of new LIJ member, Shingo Takagi. This show is headlined by SHO and YOH, representing Roppongi 3K facing Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado. Our commentators today on English commentary are Rocky Romero and Kevin Kelly.
Ren Narita, Shota Umino & Tomoaki Honma vs Yuya Uemura, Yota Tsuji & Ayato Yoshida
- This is another classic New Japan Young Lions match with one veteran, in Tomoaki Honma. Honma came back from a paralyzing condition which left Honma in the hospital for months, slowly learning to walk again. Sometimes whilst watching Honma wrestle and sell his head and neck, I can feel a bit uncomfortable, especially when Yoshida starts kicking Honma hard in the back. Tsuji beats down Umino and chops him in the corner, after Tsuji got the heat on Umino, Shota made a comeback, hitting a perfect brainbuster and a Boston Crab. Tsuji sells the Boston Crab so well, people can believe this could be the finish. Seconds later, Shota hits a missile dropkick and gets the Boston Crab on Tsuji for the win. Winners: Shota Umino, Ren Narita and Tomoaki Honma.
Toa Henare, Togi Makabe & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens & Kota Ibushi
- Takahashi and Makabe start this match and it doesn’t take long for Chase and Yujiro to double team Makabe but Kota won’t join in on the unfair fighting. Toa Henare tags in and The Elite, Yujiro, Kota and Owens get the extended heat on Henare. The Elite keep Tanahashi out for a long time and the crowd want to see the ACe in action. When Toa Henare finally makes the tag to Tanahashi, the crowd chants, cheers and stomps for the Ace as Tanahashi runs wild. Tanahashi tags in Toa again and all three Togi, Toa and Tanahashi attempt to beat Chase but he kicks out, moments later Chase hits the package piledriver on Henare for the win. Winners: Chase Owens, Yujiro Takahashi and Kota Ibushi.
Chuckie T, Beretta, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada vs Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Bad Luck Fale & Switchblade Jay White
- This starts with Chaos jumping the Bullet Club as brawls break out all over ringside with Bad Luck Fale and Chuckie T in the ring, Chuckie T tags Yano and Bullet Club get the heat on Yano. After a few minutes, Toru yano hits an atomic drop on Tama and tags in Beretta. Before the B.C.O.Gs could get the heat on Beretta, Okada tags in. After lots of back and forth from everyone in the ring, Okada hits the bodyslam on Bad Luck Fale on the second attempt. Okada starts to get the better of Switchblade and Gedo gets in the ring and punches Okada with the Knuckle dusters for the disqualification. After the match, Bullet Club start to attack Okada when Tanahashi comes out for the save. Winners by DQ: Okada, Yano, Beretta and Chuckie T.
Super Jr Tag League 2018
Volador Jr & Soberano Jr vs Jyushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask
- Volador and Soberano show off their high flying, lucha style early in this match as Liger and Tiger Mask get the type of reaction legends like those two should get. Volador has tape on his ear which commentary says has got worse since he’s had to get more stitches, Volador has four stitches in his ear now. The luchador team of Volador Jr and Soberano Jr begin to slow the match down as work over Liger’s knee. At one point, Volador spits on Tiger Mask os both Luchadors work over Liger. Tiger Mask and Soberano tag in and after a couple of moments offence from Tiger Mask, Soberano and Volador double team Tiger Mask. Liger hits a Liger-bomb on Soberano then Tiger Mask hits a Tiger-driver for a near fall but Volador interfered. Tiger Mask immediately hits a Tiger suplex for the win. Winners: Tiger Mask and Liger
Taguchi & ACH vs Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles
- Taguchi and Eagles start this match a bit slow but when ACH and Taiji Ishimori get in it gets very fast for a minute or two. After a fight on the outside, ACH looks like he’s hurt a rib so Ishimori and Eagles work on the ribs for a bit. Robbie Eagles works over ACH’s leg. Taguchi gets a tag and stays in for a while until the two Bullet club members become too much and Taguchi has to tag ACH back in. Robbie Eagles goes for a dive on Taguchi and looks like he hit hard on the floor. Taiji Ishimori pins ACH with the Bloody Cross. Winners: Taiji Ishimori and Robbie Eagles.
Shingo Takagi & BUSHI vs KUSHIDA & Chris Sabin
- Sabin gets the best of BUSHI early then tags in KUSHIDA but BUSHI escapes and tags in Shingo, as the crowd sound excited. After a few minutes of chain wrestling, KUSHIDA starts to get the better of Shingo until Shingo uses his size and power to slam KUSHIDA, as that happens BUSHI runs across the ring to attack Sabin. Sabin looks like he has a few marks from the night before as Sabin and BUSHI are legal minutes later. KUSHIDA gets BUSHI in an armbar as Sabin stands over them to stop Shingo but BUSHI gets to the ropes. Sabin and Shingo tag in as Sabin speeds the pace of the match up a bit. BUSHI comes in to break up the pin and that leads to everyone in the ring and KUSHIDA and Sabin double team BUSHI. Moments later Sabin gives Shingo a Death Valley Driver to the neck. Shingo hits Sabin with a clothesline which looked like rocked him, then hits the Last of the Dragons(Formerly known as Last Falconry) for the win. Winners: LIJ, BUSHI and Shingo Takagi.
SHO & YOH vs El Desperado & Kanemaru
- This all kicks off when Roppongi 3K were making their entrance and Suzuki-gun jumped Rocky Romero, Then SHo and YOH went to save their mentor. Kanemaru and El Desperado would continue to use underhanded tactics as they take out Rocky for the second time and leave SHO laying on the outside. YOH is worn down in the ring by Kanemaru as El Desperado holds SHO outside, making him watch the beat down. SHO and YOH make a comeback on Kanemaru until Desperado gets in and they take him out too. YOH kicks out of the Deep Impact from Kanemaru and minutes later YOH rolls up Kanemaru for the win. This match was a bit clunky in spots but a good story told as Roppongi 3K beats the champs in this tournament to earn their first two points. Winners: Roppongi 3K, SHO and YOH.
The points standings so far in this tournament
- Bullet Club, Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles – 4 Points
- LIJ, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI – 4 Points
- Suzuki-gun, El Desperado & Kanemaru – 2 Points
- Volador Jr & Soberano Jr – 2 Points
- Jyushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask – 2 Points
- Roppongi 3K, SHO & YOH – 2 Points
- Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA – 0 Points
- Taguchi Japan, ACH & Taguchi – 0 Points
HINT: NJPW charges at the end(last calendar day) of the month, like most Japanese subscription services, so your best time to subscribe is early in the month. NJPW World is ¥999 per month which is less than the WWE Network and about the same price as Netflix.